- Verbosari d. o. o. za usluge prevođenja
- Svetog Mihovila 26, 21253 Gata, Zvečanje, Croatia
- +385 917879913
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER:
- Jakov Miličević
- +385 917879913
- PERSONAL DATA
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (data subject).
Data subject means a person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, etc. (hereinafter: data subject or user).
Processing of personal data means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data.
Controller means the natural or legal person who, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
Consent means any freely given, specific, informed, and unambiguous indication of the data subject’s wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, gives consent to the processing of personal data relating to him or her.
Data protection officer means the person appointed by the data controller, who takes care of the legality of data processing and the exercise of the right to personal data protection.
- LEGAL BASIS FOR THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
- Processing is necessary for the execution of a contract to which the data subject is a contracting party.
- Processing is necessary to comply with the legal obligations of Verbosari.
- There is a consent to personal data processing.
- Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person.
- Processing is necessary to perform a task carried of public interest or in the exercise of the official authority vested in the controller.
Verbosari collects and processes personal data for the purposes of performing prescribed tasks in the field of copyright and related rights, in accordance with copyright laws and other related rights.
- RIGHTS OF USERS OR DATA SUBJECTS
If the user’s personal data are processed based on consent, users in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter: “GDPR”) have the following rights:
Right to information – users can at any time, by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org, receive all the information about the processing of personal data relating to them. Verbosari shall process the request in question as soon as possible and shall provide important information to the submitter about what has been done.
Right to rectify inaccurate personal data relating to them and the right to have incomplete personal data completed. Users can send their requests to email@example.com. Verbosari shall process the request in question as soon as possible and shall provide important information to the submitter about what has been done.
Right to erasure (right to be forgotten) pursuant to conditions prescribed in Article 17 of GDPR. Users can send their requests for erasure to firstname.lastname@example.org. Verbosari shall process the request in question as soon as possible and shall provide important information to the submitter about what has been done.
Right to restriction of processing pursuant to conditions prescribed in Article 18 of GDPR. Users can send their requests for restriction of processing to email@example.com. Verbosari shall process the request in question as soon as possible and shall provide important information to the submitter about what has been done.
Right to object – the user has the right to object to the processing of personal data relating to him or her by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of the request, Verbosari stops the processing of personal data during the evaluation of the request.
Right to data portability may be exercised by the user under the assumptions referred to in Article 20 of GDPR by sending a request via email to email@example.com. Verbosari shall process the request in question as soon as possible and shall provide important information to the submitter about what has been done.
Right to withhold/withdraw consent – the user can at any time request Verbosari to withdraw consent for the processing of personal data relating to him or her. You can request the withholding of your consent via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Verbosari shall process the request in question as soon as possible and shall provide important information to the submitter about what has been done.
We do not share the user’s personal data with third parties, unless it is at the request of the user, or such an obligation arises from a legal obligation or an obligation arising from international agreements.
We are constantly working on the protection and security of our information system. Should you have any remarks or suggestions, or suggestions to improve functionality, please feel free to contact the data protection officer.
4. PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
At Verbosari, we process your personal data securely and transparently, based solely on our clearly stated goals.
We collect your personal information when you provide it to us (for example, by using our website, ordering our services, registering for our events, inquiring by email, telephone or writing to our address or in any other way you may provide us with your personal information).
4.1 Categories of personal information we collect
Verbosari may collect the following data, i.e., types of information:
- basic personal information (name, surname)
- basic contact information (phone number, e-mail address)
- basic information about the company you work for (company name, your function in the company, number of employees)
- information about your computer (IP address, device type, browser type), information about your use of our website (content you viewed, time spent on our website, what you clicked on) and information about responding to our electronic messages.
At Verbosari, we carefully protect the principle of the minimum amount of data provided by law, therefore we collect only those data that are necessary, relevant, and limited to what is necessary for the purposes for which they are processed. The purposes for which we collect personal data are stated in chapter 4.2 of this regulation.
4.2 Purpose of processing
Verbosari processes your data only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes. We undertake not to process your personal data in a manner inconsistent with the goals specified in this policy.
The purposes for which we may use your personal data are listed below. Verbosari may use your personal data for one or more of the stated purposes.
Purposes for which your personal data are used:
- Exchanging information with you regarding the provision of our services and responding to your inquiries.
- Stipulation of a contract and fulfilment of the obligations arising from the stipulated contract. This includes, in particular, the fulfilment of requests and orders sent via our website, e-mail or portal. All personal data which we process in connection with you are processed with the intention of stipulating and implementing the stipulated contract with you. If you do not provide us with all the information necessary to fulfil the order, we reserve the right to delay or cancel the order.
- For the purpose of marketing communication (including notifications about new services or upgrades of existing services, training and events organized by Verbosari and news).
- For the purposes of marketing communication, based on customised or individualised offers. The use of some personal data helps us adjust our communication to you to make it as interesting and useful as possible. Based on certain personal data, individuals are classified into groups, which means that each such created group receives commercial messages with different content. When classifying, we also monitor the individual’s activity. We carry out marketing communication with customised or individualised offers only on the basis of your explicit consent.
- Disclosure of personal data to third parties. We transfer personal data only to third parties listed in chapter 6. Your data are transferred only when that is justified by our legal interest in guaranteeing safe and legal work and fulfilling legal obligations (e.g., for tax obligations which may include transfer of your personal data to tax authorities).
- Enforcement of legal claims and dispute resolution. To protect our business and enforce and/or protect our rights, personal data may be disclosed. We disclose your personal data only in the manner and pursuant to the conditions prescribed by law.
- For statistical analysis purposes. To improve user experience, we analyse the use of our website, and that represents our legitimate interest in maintaining and/or improving our business success.
You have the right to revoke at any time any processing of your personal data based on your consent.
4.3 How long do we store your personal data?
Your personal data are stored in accordance with applicable laws and (i) only as long as is necessary to achieve the purpose for which the data are processed, or (ii) for the period prescribed by law (e.g., 10 years for storing issued invoices) or (iii) for the period required to provide a contract.
Personal data obtained based on your consent are kept permanently, i.e., until you withdraw that consent. The data collected based on your consent are erased even before your cancellation if the purpose for which the data was collected has been achieved.
Personal data for which the retention period has expired (e.g., if the purpose for which they were collected is fulfilled, because the legal time limit has expired, etc.) are erased, destroyed or anonymised in such a way that restoration of personal data is no longer possible.
5. PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
To protect your personal data, Verbosari applies appropriate technical and organisational measures, which, in particular, include:
- regular and efficient updating of software and computer equipment, where we store your personal data
- guaranteeing access to personal data
- creating backup copies
- education of employees who process personal data at work
- conducting supervision over employees and other persons who process your personal data, including conducting audits
- monitoring processing and, in case of any security incidents, taking appropriate measures which prevent or limit the occurrence of damage to personal data.
At Verbosari, we protect your personal data from illegal or unauthorised processing and/or access, from inadvertent loss, destruction or damage. We take all measures according to our technological capabilities (including bearing the costs of implementing certain measures) and assess the impact on your privacy.
If there is a breach of personal data, Verbosari shall notify the competent supervisory authority of any such breach without delay.
If there is any doubt that a crime has been committed, Verbosari shall report violations to the police and the competent public prosecutor’s office.
Should we suffer a data protection breach which may pose a great risk to the rights and freedoms of individuals, Verbosari shall notify you of such an event without delay.
6. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
We may transfer your personal information, which is used only to achieve the purpose for which it was collected, to certain third parties listed below and allow them to access and review it. All users with whom we share personal data can process the data only for the purposes for which they were collected. In the same way, all users must comply with the applicable laws and provisions of regulations on personal data protection.
We disclose your personal information:
- To business partners who help us provide certain services: it is Deoling which provides us with translation management services (TMS). For marketing purposes, we use Google AdWords, Google Analytics, and Facebook Ads to be able to display ads which are relevant to you.
- To other contracting partners, who take care of Verbosari’s needs (accounting firms, law firms, etc.).
- To partner companies which help us provide our services
- When we are required to do so by law (e.g., tax authorities, courts of law, etc.).
We may transfer your personal data to third parties (listed above) outside the European Economic Area (EEA), where that data may be processed by us and third parties. With each transfer outside the European Economic Area, we take additional measures to guarantee the security of your personal data.
Such measures are mainly agreements with third parties on the establishment of mandatory regulations on the protection of personal data, verification of the existence of approved certification mechanisms which comply with our personal data protection standards and stipulation of appropriate contractual obligations governing protection of personal data.
7.1 Definition of cookies and their purpose
Cookies are small text files which most websites (pages) store on the devices which users use to access the Internet so that individual devices used by users during access may be recognise. Their storage is under the complete control of the user’s browser, and the user may enable or disable the storage of cookies as desired. Cookies are not harmful and always have a time limit.
Some specific examples of using cookies:
- For a better user experience of the website, we customise content display for visitors in line with their past visits.
- To recognise your device (computer, tablet, mobile phone), which enables customisation of content display on your device.
- For monitoring visits, enabling us to verify the effectiveness of content display and the relevance of ads, as well as constant improvement of the website and pages.
7.2 Types of cookies
- Necessary cookies
These cookies enable the use of components necessary for the proper functioning of the website. Without these cookies, the services you would like to use on the site would not be able to function properly.
- Experience cookies
These cookies collect data on how users behave on the website with a view to improve the experience on the website (e.g., which content you visit most often on our website). These cookies do not collect data which could be used to identify the user; their purpose is enabling a comfortable use of the website.
- Functional cookies
These cookies enable the website to remember some of your selected options (e.g., language, region) and offer advanced, customised functions. These cookies can enable tracking of your activities on the website.
- Advertising or targeting cookies
These cookies are most often used by advertising companies and social networks (third parties) to show you more targeted ads, limit the repetition of ads or measure the effectiveness of their campaigns. These cookies can enable tracking of your activities online.
7.3 Monitoring cookies
We recommend that you look at the information about each browser’s options.
- Internet Explorer
- ACCESSING SOCIAL NETWORKS
Verbosari assumes no responsibility for activities on social networks.